Parking is available on the local streets and within Balboa Park. Free parking closest to the event (6th & Laurel) will fill up well before 9 a.m.
- Street Parking
- Parking closest to the Event will be on city streets
- on 6th Ave. (FREE; borders Park)
- on Balboa Dr. (FREE; just inside Park, parallel to 6th)
- various city side streets (some are free, some are metered, most are time-limited)
- Neighborhood Parking Lots
- Google map showing nearby parking structures and parking lots
- Ace Parking structure, 2550 5th Ave. (enter from Maple St. or 4th Ave.) is closest
- Parking Lot B, Grape & 6th, is about a 0.4 mile walk
- Balboa Park — Parking Lots & Tram Service
- Map of the park’s major parking lots (FREE)
- Balboa Park’s tram service (FREE) begins operation at 9 a.m.
NOTE: Balboa Park used to offer tram service out to 6th & Laurel, but that service is no longer running. It is about a half-mile walk from the San Diego Museum of Art area (the closest tram stop) to the Walk For Life event location.